ABOUT DR. GOODFIELD
Dr. Barry Goodfield is a Licensed Certified Marriage and Family Therapist. He has assisted individual clients and families for more than 35 years with their issues and concerns.
Dr. Goodfield specializes in identifying the unconscious nonverbal signals known as Non-Verbal Leak (NVL).
His work is based on an unique patented psychotherapeutic process, which he developed in the 1970's.
He hold one US patent and one pending on his psychotherapeutic process.
Dr. Goodfield has shared his methods with psychiatrists, psychologists, senior corporate executives, attorneys, and cabinet level officials around the globe.
He founded the Goodfield Institute LLC in the USA and The Netherlands. He is chairman of The Goodfield Foundation for the Study of Conflict Communication and Peace Building, an NGO in The Hague.
Also Chief Executive Officer of the Goodfield Media Group. He appears regularly on television and radio in America and Europe.
In addition Dr. Goodfield was for 8 years a Senior Professor at Henley-Putnam University in San Jose, California.
He is an international lecturer and talked about a range of subjects over the years.
He is also an author, having published
Insight and Action: The Role of the Unconscious in Crisis from Personal to International Levels in 1999,
So You Want To Be My President? vol.1 in 2011, So You Want To Be My President? vol.2 in 2015, Relationships: A
Survival Guide vol. 1 in 2012 and Real Love: A Survival Guide vol. 2 in 2015.
Various international bodies such as the United Nations (ICTY) and NATO H.Q. Brussels, as well as governments such as the former Soviet Union, The Netherlands, Lithuania, Uzbekistan, Sri Lanka, Sultanate of Oman, Ukraine and Austrian Government have utilized the services and methodology of the Goodfield Institute and Goodfield Foundation.
Dr. Goodfield is a member of a number of organizations and associations, including:
For five years Dr. Goodfield was a protege of semantics expert and United States Senator S. I. Hayakawa. General Semantics & The Goodfield Method
- Diplomat, American Board of Forensic Examiners
- Diplomat, American Board of Forensic Medicine
- Diplomat, American Board of Psychology Specialists, Clinical Psychology
- Diplomat, American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- Diplomat, National Center for Crisis Management
- Life Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Screen Actors Guild - American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
- Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Member, International Society of Police Surgeons, Inc.
- Member, Parliamentarians Network for Conflict Prevention
He completed his Ph.D. in Psychology and Human Behavior at United States International University, with prior doctoral study at University of California Berkeley and Rutgers University.